Wikileaks

Since we've started talking about Wikileaks I feel I have had PTSD from the 2016 election!  I haven't really thought about the whole Wikileaks scandal since the election and now talking about it again I have started to wonder what the end result was.  I searched "Wikileaks" and BusinessInsider just posted and article, yesterday, about Julian Assange.  Julian Assange is the founder of Wikileaks, and he has claimed that he deleted everything on off of his computers before getting arrested, and if any new information is found on his computer that is has been planted by the U.S. government or Ecuadorian authorities. 

A quote in the article that made me wonder about all of this was, '"If anything surfaces, I can assure you it would've been planted," Hrafnsson said. "Julian isn't a novice when it comes to security and securing his information. We expected this to happen and protections have been in place for a very long time."'  

This makes me curious because there is always the "what if" in such a website like this.  I have always wondered if the government planted information for their own personal gain, but in a scenario like this I just wonder.  I think Wikileaks has caused some damage and debate since the 2016 election and I personally wouldn't be surprised if new information surfaced. 

My question for you is: Do you think the government has planted information into Wikileaks for their own personal gain?

If you're interested in reading the article from BusinessInsider, I'll attach it!
BusinessInsider Article

Comments

Popular Posts