Weather Bringing a Nation Together

Within the past month, I have realized that the tornado season is in full affect across the midwest.  Ohio and Indiana have been hit by tornados that have left massive destruction and devastation.  About a year and a half ago, Hurricane Irma hit Florida, which is where I have a lot of family members and I am moving devastation in two months.  After Irma and Hurricane Harvey hit Texas and Florida, I noticed more and more donation websites popping up on my social media pages.  

I feel that whenever there is some type of mass destruction, especially with weather, our entire nation comes together and puts aside any different beliefs and opinions.  I appreciate everyones efforts to help one another out in a time of crisis, but I feel this is how we should be at all times.  I just find it very interesting that weather can bring us all together.  I feel our nation is divided and that politics has really separated democrats from republicans, which is just sad.  We're all aloud to have separate beliefs from one another, and whatever those beliefs are shouldn't cause you to not get along with someone with different beliefs.  

I think destruction caused by the weather shows how when a section of our country is in trouble, the entire nation will come together to help fix it.  I just find it kind of alarming that devastation is what brings our nation together, but aside from devastation, we're so divided.  

Do you think it is normal for a nation to only come together when there is a section of the country in trouble?

If you would like to learn more and help out Ohio and Indiana with the recent tornado outbreak I'll attach a tornado relief organization.

Comments

  1. I definitely agree with your statement as to how relationships on social media change when a natural disaster hits. It does seem as if people forget about every other thing they were worried about at that time through their social media, and they direct all their attention and energy on trying to work on solutions to help the affected town. I think it kind of stinks that it takes a destruction caused on a town to help bring the community together, but I think that this is better than tearing everyone apart and leaving those affected to fiend for themselves. It's crazy what can bring people together through social media, without even expecting it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts